Ten percent of Italian tourists have cancelled their trips to Russia because of wildfires raging in some parts of Central Russia, the president of the association of tourism companies Assotravel, Andrea Giannetti, said on Monday.
According to the association, over 2,500 Italians planned trips to Moscow or St. Petersburg for the second half of August, when most Italians are on summer holidays.
“The news circulated by media (about fires) of course give rise to certain panic of our tourists. Almost all of them have asked their tour operators to provide more detailed information on the situation. However, so far no more than ten percent have cancelled their trips,” Giannetti said.
He said that the Italian Foreign Ministry has so far issued only a warning about trips to Russia without necessity, but has not put the country on the list of the countries the visiting of which is not advisable.
“I believe the situation in Russia will get back to normal within days,” Giannetti said, adding, however, that he did not rule out further cancellations of trips, including those scheduled for the end of August.
News source: ITAR-TASS
Print this news
Business news archive for 11 August' 2010.
Business news archive for August' 2010.
Business news archive for 2010 year.