Opposite to the house No. 59, at Zelyony Bridge, on the embankment opened a memorable sign in honor of the first floating power plant of Russia
The plate fixed on descent to water reminds of what at Green (the former Police officer) the bridge in 1883 the floating power plant was established. On the barge three were mounted ëîęîěîáčë˙ and 12 dynamo cars of the 35 kW direct current. This "electrobarge" gave current for lighting of Nevsky Avenue — 32 lamps from the Admiralty to Anichkov Palace were lit.
News source: Evening St. Petersburg
Print this news
Culture news archive for 05 October' 2015.
Culture news archive for October' 2015.
Culture news archive for 2015 year.