The Samson roadside hotel was build in 1870 opposite to Peterhoff Upper Park. It was a two-storied wooden construction in the pseudo-Gothic style √ with a conical roof, facetted towers, tracery balcony fences and pointed windows. The hotel burned out in 1920-s. Fortunately the archive drawings escaped destruction.
According to the project of Ludmila Efremova, the author of reconstruction (Petropolis-Architechtura company), the front of a new building is to be almost the same as of the ancient one. The hotel will contain 23 double rooms of the total area of 605 sq. meters, in the basement a gymnasium will be accommodated along with back rooms, on the ground floor - a reception, a hairdressing salon, a beauty salon and a cafe designed for
Investing of the project is performed by Profil company. According to its spokesman Vitaliy Elovskikh, Samson is ideal for serving of the bus tours going from Germany to St. Petersburg through Helsinki. Profil plans to open the new hotel in the beginning of 2003.
Print this news
Business news archive for 13 November' 2001.
Business news archive for November' 2001.
Business news archive for 2001 year.