In state Petergof museum restoration of Tsaritsin pavilion in Colonist park has begun. This pavilion was built by Shtakenshnaider in 1838-1847. During World War II it was damaged. In the early 90s it was temporarily closed down because of the lack of financing. Now polish restorers work in pavilion. They renovate external walls and interiors. There are some marble decorative details remained inside.
So, by the end of 2002 another masterpiece of Petergof will be shown to public.
Photo by Anna Fedotova, Interpress.
Print this news
City news archive for 20 July' 2001.
City news archive for July' 2001.
City news archive for 2001 year.