“The Week of Islam Culture” will be held in the network of the St. Petersburg's 300-year anniversary celebration. The program comprises:
- exhibitions and concerts of city's amateur theatricals and performances of Bashkiria and Tatarstan actors;
- familiarizing Petersburgers with national cuisine of East nations, exquisite east confectionery, dishes cooked by the most skilled masters of Turkey and Azerbaijan;
- a solemn ceremony celebrating the completion of restoration works of the central entrance to the mosque (the West Portal);
- public meetings and celebration of the 300-year anniversary of Moslems living in St. Petersburg;
- national holiday that will finish the “The Week of Islam Culture” in St. Petersburg.
The Cathedral Mosque in St.-Petersburg is largest in Europe and most northern in the world. It has follows characteristics: length of 45 meters, width - 32, height of the main dome of -39, heights of towers - 48 meters. It contains up to five thousand the man.
Photo by Petr Savelyev, "Stray Camera"
Print this news
Culture news archive for 17 December' 2001.
Culture news archive for December' 2001.
Culture news archive for 2001 year.