|Official internet-portal of St. Petersburg, cultural capital of Russia|
|Petersburg CITY / Guide to St. Petersburg, Russia||http://petersburgcity.com|
Printed from: http://petersburgcity.com/news/culture/2001/12/17/islam/|
Culture news, 17.12.2001 15:46
“The Week of Islam Culture” to be held in St. Petersburg.“The Week of Islam Culture” will be held in the network of the St. Petersburg's 300-year anniversary celebration. The program comprises:
- exhibitions and concerts of city's amateur theatricals and performances of Bashkiria and Tatarstan actors;
- familiarizing Petersburgers with national cuisine of East nations, exquisite east confectionery, dishes cooked by the most skilled masters of Turkey and Azerbaijan;
- a solemn ceremony celebrating the completion of restoration works of the central entrance to the mosque (the West Portal);
- public meetings and celebration of the 300-year anniversary of Moslems living in St. Petersburg;
- national holiday that will finish the “The Week of Islam Culture” in St. Petersburg.
The Cathedral Mosque in St.-Petersburg is largest in Europe and most northern in the world. It has follows characteristics: length of 45 meters, width - 32, height of the main dome of -39, heights of towers - 48 meters. It contains up to five thousand the man.
Photo by Petr Savelyev, "Stray Camera"
|(c) 2000 PetersburgCity.com|